Jeremy is a Macaroni and Cheese lover, enthusiast and connoisseur. It is easily one of his favorite foods and he will order it any time he finds it on the menu when we go out to eat.
Occasionally instead of whipping up a good old boxed version, I will slave over the stove to make what we consider to be the “The Best Gosh Darn Macaroni and Cheese EVER!!”
It’s somewhat tedious to make but it is so so so good and so worth the time.
What you need:
1 box of “Macaroni” noodles (I like to use Penne Pasta)
16oz of Velveeta cheese (the kind that is sold in a block – I never said this was going to be good for you)
1.5 cups of milk
1.5 Tablespoons of butter
1) Boil the macaroni till soft
2) Cut the block of cheese into 1 inch cubes.
3) In a pot over medium heat cover the bottom of the pot with milk. Add butter and one cube of cheese. Warm for about 2-4 minutes or until the cube of cheese is just about completely melted. Stir continuously.
4) Add cubes of cheese 2-3 at a time. You have to stir continuously so that the cheese doesn’t burn. You don’t ever want the cheese to boil either. (This part is where it becomes time consuming and tedious but I promise it is worth it). Continue adding pieces of cheese while siring until all the cubes are melted. I add a little milk here and there so the mixture doesn’t get too thick.
5) Drain the pasta and place in a casserole dish.
6) Pour the melted cheese over the noodles and mix.
7) Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and Bake covered for 30 minutes on 350 degrees ferinheight.
Trust me… you will LOVE this!