Growing up it was a tradition in my family to have Fresh Stuffed Artichokes on holidays. Looking back on my childhood, I can’t think of a Thanksgiving or Christmas where we didn’t have artichokes as part of our annual meal. A recipe passed on from my great grandmother is still a large part of how I celebrate with my kids now (although neither of them eat the artichokes quite yet, I am sure one day they will love them!!)
If you are an artichoke lover, these simply will not disappoint!
6-8 Fresh Whole Artichokes
Any sliced seedless Italian Bread (1-1.5 loaves)
Grated Parmesan Cheese (1-1.5 cup)
What you do.
1) With a food processor/blender finely grate the bread.
2) Add Parmesan Cheese to the grated bread and mix.
3) Cut the stem off of the bottom of the artichoke and cut the top to make flat.
4) Snip the leaves one by one to cut the pointy parts off.
5) Soak the cut artichokes in warm water to wash, make sure to drain and let dry (about 5 minutes upside-down).
6) Stuff each leaf of the artichoke with the cheese and bread mixture. Make sure to pull apart each leaf and stuff. When you get to the center be sure to pull and stuff generously.
7) Place stuffed artichokes in pressure cooker with about 3/4 inches of water. You can do about 3 at a time depending on the size of your pressure cooker. Drizzle generously with Olive Oil.
8) Once the lid is on the pressure cooker, cook on high heat until the pressure cooker valve begins to jiggle. Then turn down to medium heat and let cook for 15 minutes.
9) Let rest/cool about 10 minutes then the artichokes are ready!
Enjoy. You can’t tell me these are not so delicious!!!